Thursday, June 20, 2013

Season Scramblers

So, last post was about our photo shoot for Spring 2014, before that, we were talking about the current season, Spring 2013 and before that we talked about Fall 2013.  Now we're ready to start working on Fall 2014.  Seasons and years are always scrambled around here....that's just the way the fashion industry works!  I started writing 2014 on my checks several months ago (much to the dismay of some of my utility providers!)  I remember back when I used to do women's wear - with 5 seasons a year - and we did catalog (which is further out than regular retail) and we did monthly delivery collections for a couple of the big department stores.  I honestly never knew what season it was - I would have to walk outside in the morning so I could go back to my closet to pick a sundress or sweater to wear to work.

Back to fall thoughts.  I always like to take a recap of the previous fall season before starting a new one.  WGSN and FGI have just released their season recaps, so it's a great time to revisit what the big selling points of  the season.  And it's a perfect time for you to start thinking about what you will soon be seeing in stores for back to school!  Here we go - according to WGSN:

Best colors:  Raspberry and Blue

Best Prints: Geometrics

More to come next week from the runway recap reports!

Happy - whatever season it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment